Here’s a little quiz to test your honesty. Now be completely honest. Would you:
1. Go back and tell the clerk if you discovered you were undercharged by $10?
2. Use the express line at a grocery store even if you had a few too many items if you were in a hurry?
3. Lie about a child’s age to save $30 at an amusement park?
4. Lie about a child’s address to get her in a better school?
5. Make an unauthorized copy of software?
6. Use a friend’s employee discount?
7. Use a radar detector so you can exceed the speed limit without fear of getting a ticket?
8. Lie about purchases you made abroad to avoid the hassle of paying customs duty?
9. Deliberately omit an important fact in a discussion with a friend to get them to do what you want?
10. Lie to someone to avoid an uncomfortable conversation?
11. Give a false excuse for missing work or an appointment?
12. Lie to cover for your boss?
13. Ask someone to lie for you to get you out of a jam.
14. Lie about the number of miles you drive to get a cheaper insurance rate?
15. Exaggerate your previous pay on a resume?
This is Michael Josephson reminding you that character counts.