- If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
- How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg.
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out
and remove all doubt.
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
- Force is all-conquering, but its victories are short-lived.
- Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
- He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met.
- Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.