- BE YOURSELF. Mindless conformity is a prison; express yourself authentically. Don’t be afraid to stand out, but don’t go to extremes just to be different.
- DON’T EXPECT TOO MUCH OR SETTLE FOR TOO LITTLE. Don’t expect anyone else to make you happy and don’t allow others to treat you badly. Hang out with people who bring out the best in you.
- THINK OF RESPONSIBILITY AS A TICKET TO INDEPENDENCE. Be dependable and self-reliant; don’t waste energy resisting what you have to do.
- THINK AHEAD. Every act has a consequence. The choices you make today will shape tomorrow.
- TAKE CHARGE. Your life is your ship; be the captain. Figure out what needs to be done and make it happen.
– Michael Josephson